Winter Conditioning is organized by Coach Shields (head coach, Track & Field) using his non-profit USA Track & Field club, Phoenix Conditioning. This is the 13th year of this free training program. Attendance is completely optional.
For those who are serious about competing as a student-athlete at the collegiate level, it is suggested you plan a committed level of attendance and share your commitment schedule with Coach Shields, as opposed to random attendance.
- Workout schedule beginning Monday, November 6th (meet in Visitor-side stands);
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 5:45 to 7:00
- Every Saturday at 9:30am, beginning November 11th
- No scheduled workouts on Thanksgiving or Monday, December 25th or Monday, January 1st.
Winter Conditioning continues until the week before Track & Field begins, which is Monday, January 29th.
- Regular T&F practice will begin at 5:15
Throws practice will begin at 3:45: like last year, throwers must complete the 5:15 warm-up with the over-all team, in order to get credit for practice