FHS Athletics – Uniforms
At Fremont High School, we will make sure that all athletes who want to play a sport are fully equipped with everything they need, including uniforms. No student will be turned away due to lack of equipment.
Additionally, Fremont High School values high quality, aesthetically pleasing uniforms for every team so that all of our athletes feel proud representing Fremont High School.
- The athletic department will provide non-consumable uniforms to teams on a rotating basis, usually every three years.
- Consumable items are items that cannot be reissued after a season of sport.
- This would include items that are customized, worn without undergarments (i.e. swim suits, socks, hats, etc.) or would be generally worn out after a single season of use.
- When new uniforms are ordered for a team, they will be for the varsity team, and the older varsity uniforms will become the JV or Frosh/Soph uniforms. Old JV or Frosh/Soph uniforms will be place in surplus.
- Individual uniform items will be checked out to individual athletes. Athletes are expected to return the uniforms in good condition at the end of the season. Items that are not returned in a condition that they can be reissued the following year will create a delinquency on the student’s account.
- Normal wear and tear will be assessed by the coach and/or athletic director, and no fees will be incurred if the damage is done by normal wear and tear.
- Uniforms are being added to the Destiny system that is used for textbook and library check out. This allows for easy assigning of uniforms to students and assessing delinquencies. Currently, five teams are fully barcoded, with a sixth in line to be barcoded in 2015-2016.
- Replacement costs are based off the per-item purchase cost, plus shipping and tax, rounded to the nearest dollar amount.
- Since individual items are difficult to replace and match in a team set, all student athletes are strongly encouraged to find and turn in items rather than pay the replacement cost.
Current FHS Uniforms and Replacement Timeline:
1 Replace in 2013-14, 2016-17, 2019-20
Football, Girls Soccer, Boys Basketball, Girls Volleyball
2 Replace in 2014-15, 2017-18, 2020-21
Softball, Cross Country/Track, Water Polo Caps
3 Replace in 2015-16, 2018-19, 2021-22
Wrestling, Boys Volleyball, Baseball, Boys Soccer, Girls Basketball
Badminton – customized/kept by students, Boys Tennis – customized/kept by students, Girls Tennis – customized/kept by students, Water Polo – swim suit, Swimming – swim suit, Golf – Customized/kept by students
If a team that is currently customizing uniforms wishes to stop customizing uniforms, we will insert them into the schedule in the appropriate replacement group.